Saturday, March 03, 2007

Updates All Around

I've been meaning to post for a few days, but have been quite busy with a blizzard, illness, the kids, and tons of yarn.

So in no particular order, here's my week in review:

Thursday night I listed this pile of yumminess. I'm really proud of this batch. I know I have a good one when I'm tempted to keep it all for myself.


See the orange yarn on the botom right? Not sure what it would look like knit up? Well my knitting friend torquewingnut (aka Lace Lunatic on the Knitter's Review forums) designed these socks and used my yarn. I'm just in awe of her design ability.




And earlier this week, the perfect knitting weather hit. We spent all day Thursday and most of Friday under a Blizzard warning. I think we only ended up with about a foot, but they issued a blizzard warning because of the supposed 40+ mph winds. For the record, I never saw any gale force winds. But I enjoyed the two days off just the same.
This is before the blizzard really hit. At the time we had probably 2-3 inches on the ground. This picture was taken out my front door. Notice how close my neighbor's house is. It's so close that we share a driveway. And that clearing in the distance? It's a park! There's an ice skating rink there for the winter where they practice hockey and such. Admittedly, I'm not a cold-weather kind of gal so I admire only from the comfort of my office which has a window with a view very close to the one below.

And finally, knitting weather requires knitting, right?
Voila! I finally turned the heel of my Springtime in Paris socks! I used this tutorial and converted the pattern from a heel flap to short rows. It's not the prettiest heel I've ever seen, but it's mine and I'm proud of it.



Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very, Very nice looking colors! Your friend definitely knows how to show off your yarn with her choice of patterns!
Wow!