Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Catching Up

Has it really been over a month since I blogged? Wow! So much has happened!


When I last left you, I was packing up for the North Country Fiber Fair. Here is my booth. It looked to bare next to everyone else's but I did quite well I think! I've already signed up for the same booth spot next year.



I love the tray I got to display my magnets! The basket held more magnets in individual bags.




Something I haven't yet added to my website, but took the to show were these cute hair clips I made with sock monkeys and sheep. Expect these to be added to the site soon!




Before the show, my mother came to visit for a few days. The girls were absolutely thrilled!! They just couldn't get enough of Grandma.

Here, Grandma and May watch a movie Grandma bought for the girls.





Grandma went with us to the park and found out quickly that Kate insists on swinging....indefinitely.





But that's okay, it gave me the opportunity to get this candid shot....



This is my new favorite picture of Kate. :)

Moving on, a couple weeks ago I was haunting on of my favorite thrift stores for clothes for the girls and such, when I spotted these great wooden spools of yarn. I have no idea what they're from, but my best guess is an older industrial loom or knitting machine. I was just going to get the ones that still had yarn on them, but knew that I'd kick myself if I didn't pick up the whole collection. So here is my find. If you know where these came from, please share!














Later today, I will blog about a very talented woman I met at the North Country Fiber Fair. I will also share a couple of the new products I've added to the JL Yarnworks website.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a very good picture of her! Glad to hear you did well at your sale!